Sunday, July 31, 2022

CTC #380 - CASE A Christmas Tree Project

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where utilise the projects within the current Stampin' Up! catalogue to inspire our own projects each week. We also invite you to join with us in the challenge each week by using this inspiration in your own creations and uploading a photo to our Facebook page.

This week we are taking our inspiration from Christmas Tree Projects from any of the current catalogues.  

I was inspired by this image from page 43 of the Annual Catalogue. I think it was the shaker card concept that caught my eye as I don't often make shaker cards I thought it would be a true challenge for me to CASE this card. 


I decided to do a cheat version of the shaker card, so instead of creating a "well" for the shaker pieces using foam tape I just added my background DSP to a cello bag and poured in some of the shaker pieces and sealed the bag with tape! Because this hides behind the main panel you really can't tell the difference. I have used the retired Subtle Shimmer Sequins, but there are some really cute options in the embellishments section of the catalogue on pages 141 to 143 of the catalogue.

I am just loving the Hippest Hippos at the moment so decided to give the little ballerina hippo a skirt and shoes paper pieced from the same piece of DSP as the background. I used my Stamparatus to position the skirt so that the centre of the poinsettia fit into one of the frills and then added Wink of Stella. I think this almost makes her look a bit like a Highland dancer. I couldn't resist going a bit overboard with rhinestones to act as falling snow.   Looking at this now she would also have been cute placed inside the shaker layer to make a snow globe!

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use any of the samples in the new Annual Catalogue to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see what Rachel has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

5 comments:

  1. OH WOW - the paper pieced tartan skirt is glorious!! What a truely wonderful card, and this is my type of shaker card - so easy and fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun card. Love the Highland Dancing Hippo. Great idea to use DSP in your cello bag with your shaker elements.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can just imagine your fabulous hippo, dancing away to the Nutcracker ballet. Such a fun take on the Christmas card in the catalogue. Your shaker looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the cutest ever! Love the Christmas dancing hippo and great job with the shaker card.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.