Sunday, August 21, 2022

TSOT #568 - Joyful Christmas

I had a little bit of time on my hands this week, and decided to see if my mojo had started to return so looked up some challenges that I used to join in with.  It has been a while but the Try Stamping on Tuesday sketch caught my eye and I thought it would be interesting to use it as the basis for my card. 

I chose a Christmas theme for the card as it gave me a good excuse to use the lovely Boughs of Holly DSP and Distressed Gold Specialty DSP which I absolutely LOVE.  The poinsettia is cut from one of the sheets of DSP, to do this I used one of my circle dies to draw a pencil line around the image, then fussy cut the circle and around the pieces that overhung the edges. I am so happy with how this turned out.  I wasn't planning on doing the stamping on the background but the card looked a little plain so I used some of the leaves and berries from the retired Tidings & Trimmings stamp set to add some background interest. 

Happy Stamping
Monique

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous Christmas card, Monique! Everything about your card is so elegant!! Great tip about using the die to draw the circle... will DEFINITELY remember that advice! Thank you so much for sharing your card and creative talents with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a classy Christmas card. I love the gold details as well as the traditional color scheme. Thank you for joining us for this challenge at Try Stampin' on Tuesday and look forward to seeing you again soon!
    Anna, TSOT Design Team

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.