Sunday, August 28, 2022

CTC #384 - Sale-A-Bration

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where utilise the projects within the current Stampin' Up! catalogue to inspire our own projects each week. We also invite you to join with us in the challenge each week by using this inspiration in your own creations and uploading a photo to our Facebook page.

This week we are taking our inspiration from the Sale-A-Bration catalogue, as a reminder this SAB period will end on 31 August so you only have a couple of days to earn any of the free products. 

I was inspired by this image from page 10, you may recognise it as being the sketch challenge for challenge 382. I missed joining that challenge so thought I would use it for this challenge instead. 

I am really loving the Texture Chic bundle and it seems to be my go-to bundle at the moment. I decided for this card to use the DSP and chose some of the softer colours in the pack.  I have left the large shell in the middle without the backing layer as it reminds me of shells you find that are worn away by the sand and waves. The smaller shells I backed in Distressed Gold. 


Here is a close up of the shells, I used some Tombow glue to add some gold leafing to the solid shell images. When I was younger I was given one of these shells on a necklace and the edge had been dipped in gold and I was inspired by this when stepping up the solid shells.  As you can see in this close up, I added some gold leafing to the edges and some of the lines in the shell. I think this gives a level of opulence and some texture to the card.  The backing layer of DSP I darkened slightly with my Blending Brushes. 

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use any of the samples in the Sale-A-Bration Catalogue to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see what Julia has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

1 comment:

  1. Wow, your card is so pretty! The colours and textures are amazing. I love the addition of the gold throughout, and how lovely that it's tied to a childhood memory.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.