Sunday, September 10, 2023

CTC #436 - CASE Projects Featuring "A Walk in the Forest" DSP

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where utilise the projects within the current Stampin' Up! catalogue to inspire our own projects each week. We also invite you to join with us in the challenge each week by using this inspiration in your own creations and uploading a photo to our Facebook page.

This week we are taking inspiration from the "A Walk In The Forest" DSP, found on pages 4-5 of the new mini catalogue.

I was inspired by this card from page 4. I used the general sketch of the original but changed up the elements used. 

I used  Joy Of Noel bundle for the sentiment, background stamping and sprig of holly and pine; and Christmas Classics bundle for the sprig of just pine leaves. The green panel is one of the subtler sheets from the coordinating Joy of Christmas DSP pack, and to liven it up I dragged my versa-mark ink pad down the panel releasing pressure as I went and then added gold embossing powder.   This sort of replicates the snowflakes on the original card and balances the gold vase. 


You can see here a close up of the technique as well as the stamping I did on the card base using Versamark also, but this time not embossed. I love how this gives a subtle darker image that isn't detracting. I also flicked some wink of stella on this layer which gives it a beautiful glitter effect, but as always it doesn't photograph well. 

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use the samples on pages 4 & 5 of the Mini Catalogue to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see what Judy has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

1 comment:

  1. Great idea to add the gold embossing!! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.