Sunday, March 24, 2024

CTC #462 - CASE This Sketch

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where utilise the projects within the current Stampin' Up! catalogue to inspire our own projects each week. We also invite you to join with us in the challenge each week by using this inspiration in your own creations and uploading a photo to our Facebook page.

This week we are taking inspiration from the card sketch on page 70 of the Mini Catalogue, this is a great example of how a card can be simplified into a basic sketch shape even if the original (or your) card has a different interpretation of those shapes. 

Here is a closer look at the sketch.

As you may be aware Stampin' Up! OnStage event was held in Melbourne last weekend and I was lucky enough to attend and win a prize patrol, a DSP pack from the new Annual Catalogue that goes live in May. So I thought I would share a sneak peek of Mediterranean Blooms which has some gorgeous lemon and orange images on one side of the paper, and stunning blue tile patterns on the reverse.  I love the contrast of the citrus on the blue. 

For this card I fussy cut the focal lemon image from the DSP, adding it over the top of the Night of Navy frame. Both the frame and the lemons are popped up on dimensionals, although I slipped the top of the branch under the edge of the frame to give the illusion of it poking through, not just layered on top.  Sometimes on sheets of DSP with large images, it can feel like a lot of the images are wasted when they cross the edge of the paper.  On the inside of my card is a great way to use these images, I have just lined up the straight edge of the DSP with my card insert, you would never know that it was an off-cut!

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use the sketch of the card from page 70 of the Mini Catalogue to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see what Kathryn has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.