Monday, March 18, 2024

CTC #461 - CASE The Lighter Than Air DSP Colours

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where utilise the projects within the current Stampin' Up! catalogue to inspire our own projects each week. We also invite you to join with us in the challenge each week by using this inspiration in your own creations and uploading a photo to our Facebook page.

This week we are taking inspiration from the Lighter Than Air DSP, these are such soft lovely colours, and for this challenge you can make any project you like that includes them.

Here is a closer look at the pretty colours. 

I've just been away to OnStage, an in-person Stampin' Up! event, and what fun we had!  Among the lovely gifts we were given was one of the soon to be released Kits called Hooray for Honeycomb.  I won't give too much away but some of the sentiments are balloon shaped, and when I first saw them they made me think of Easter Eggs, and so this challenge was the perfect opportunity to see how they'd go.  Stampin' Up! includes multiple language sentiments in the kits so I used three of the balloons, covered them in adhesive and added strips of cardstock from the challenge.  For the background I tried a simple technique that I have never tried before, adding ink over the top of images stamped in VersaMark, I love how this turned out, though had to add way more ink than I thought I would to ensure the flowers were visible. 

I did want to share the original card from the kit that inspired these cute Easter Eggs, so here is the one that I made in my Make n Takes at OnStage. 

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use the colours of Lighter Than Air DSP to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see what Judy has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

2 comments:

  1. What a great way to use the excess sentiment panels! They work beautifully as easer eggs. You card is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a good idea............love the color combo. Noe I will try the adhesive then strips idea.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.