Saturday, October 9, 2010

Appetiser for the Blog Hop

On the 23rd October ESAD are having another Blog Hop with a Christmas theme so today I thought I would provide a little appetiser to the main course!  I also wanted to share a wonderful new product that's available in the current Idea Book & Catalogue - Shimmer Paint.  It comes in three colours and is a great for so very many things. I have had my Platinum Shimmer Paint for only 24hours and have absolutely fallen in love with it.


Firstly let me send a thanks to Michelle Reynolds who gave me the idea for this technique of a puffy ornament. In her sample Michelle used Waffle Paper, which unfortunately in our Australian catalogue we don't have, so I had to improvise.  After looking around for options (one being silver tissue paper only to find I didn't have any) I decided to use the brown packing paper that comes in our orders.  Now I didn't want the drab brown colour to come through so decided to try colouring it with ... you guessed it Platinum Shimmer Paint!  I used a Sponge Dauber to apply the Shimmer Paint and got a nice even layer.  When it had dried,  sped along with my heat tool, I cut a piece and scrunched it up, then stuck it over a cotton ball adhering it at the edges.  Over this I placed the Concord Crush card stock with the ornament punched out of it so the silver popped through.

I stamped one of the ornaments in Delightful Decorations stamp set in Concord Crush onto Whisper White card stock and then punched it out with the matching ornament punch. I added some bling with the self adhesive rhinestones also available in the new catalogue.  I didn't want the white border around the ornament, so grabbed a small paint brush, dipped it into the Shimmer Paint and painted around the edge of the punch out!  While I was onto a good thing I decided to liven up the centre of the stamp by using the Shimmer Paint to paint in some of the detail.


 
Finding yet another use for the Shimmer paint I sponged around the edge of the Concord Crush card stock, and used the end of a blunt pencil to dip into the Shimmer Paint and used it to dot onto the corners of the card stock to make some faux silver brads.  The sentiment is from the Four the Holidays stamp set, which has four lovely Christmas sentiments "Peace on Earth" "Seasons Greetings" "Merry Christmas" and "Happy Holidays" so it suits a wide range of recipients.  

One final use for the Shimmer Paint that I have used (but decided not to add to this card) is to use the sponge dauber to add the Shimmer Paint directly onto a stamp and then stamp onto coloured card stock.  It can be used to cover the whole stamp or even around the edges of an already inked up image.

Hope you got some ideas from this, if you are interested in buying Shimmer Paint for yourself, or want to book a workshop to try some of these techniques out with your friends (and earn great products) give me a call. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.