Saturday, October 23, 2010

ESAD Christmas Blog Hop

I hope you’re ready for another ESAD Christmas Blog Hop!

What is ESAD?
ESAD stands for Extra Special Australasian Demonstrators and it is an online group just for Australian and New Zealand demonstrators for Stampin’ Up! We so love what we do and not only do we love to share it with our customers, friends, and wonderful blog visitors but we share our love for what we do with each other as Demonstrators. We run swaps, challenges, tutorials, product know how and cyberstamps and we are always there to help and support each other when its needed.
So if you are a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator located in Australia or New Zealand then please feel free to click here to join our wonderful group.

You might be starting here or you might have come from looking at Tanya Bell's lovely creations, the beauty of a blog hop is that it doesn't matter where you start, just follow the links at the end of each post to hop to the next blog along.  All of the ladies on this blog hop have put in a lot of work so if you like what you see please leave a comment to let them know!
Now onto my creations ...  I wanted to do something a little different and that started with the card.  Having just started with Stampin' Up! this year I haven't had any Christmas stamps, so I started looking at my other stamp sets to see what could be made Christmassy and who would have thought Extreme Elements would have caught my eye! 
I used the Fleur de Lis and the Wings stamps to make the wreath and was really happy with the way it came out.  The wonderful new adhesive rhinestones gave it a nice touch of bling and the Organza ribbon tops of the wreath beautifully.

The majority of my creations are actually Christmas Decorations - so I decided to dive into the shed and pull out the Christmas Tree to show them off!  They look so lovely on the tree, I don't want to take them down, but I guess I have to as its just a smidge early for Christmas. 

 These two you might have seen before, these are made with 6-8 punch outs from the Ornament Punch.  The one on the left is punched from DSP from the Simply Scrappin' Kit alternated with Baja Breeze card stock, the one on the left is from the Jolly Holiday DSP.  These can be made with any shape punch as long as it is symmetrical.


The design for these I developed myself, I wanted something made from acetate filled with Christmas M&Ms. These little boxes are made using the Petal Card Extra-Large Double punch, the unique thing about this punch is that it not only cuts out but scores the card stock at the same time.  It goes perfectly with the Cute by the Inch set, but here I have used them to make a top and base for each tube.  A small strip of Jolly Holiday DSP has the double task of creating a delicate trim and a way to secure the top and base.  The bottom is adhered with 4 glue dots, the piece of ribbon goes through the bottom of the box, up through its middle and out the top.  To get the lollies out just slide the lid up the ribbon! 

These cone decorations are also something I designed myself, almost by accident!  They are made from the Scallop Circle Die for the Big Shot.  I thought they would make great ornaments and then when I saw the numbers stickers in the Simply Scrappin' Kit I knew they would make great advent ornaments!  Made from Jolly Holiday DSP (left) or card stock highlighted with Shimmer Paint (right), and filled with little bags of Christmas M&Ms they make a perfect Advent treat.


This little one I made following the directions by Becky Roberts as part of her 12 days of Christmas tutorial.  Hers were slightly smaller as she lives in America and has different sized chocolates!  I re-sized these to holy one of my favourites snack size bars - Snickers.  The Snickers I then wrapped in matching DSP (this one from Simply Scrappin' Kit), again these would make great Advent decorations.

I hope you have enjoyed my creations, I certainly enjoyed making them, and will be making more in the lead up to Christmas.  Now off to see some more wonderful creations, so hop on over to Julie Fette's blog and see what Christmas treats she has in store.

If you get "lost" here is a full list of the blogs involved in this hop.

16 comments:

  1. stroke of genius using that stamp for your wreath!! Love all your projects, well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moni .. I just {heart} that wreath!!! That's such a clever idea!!

    Your chrissy tree decorations are super cute and inspire me to make some stuff for my tree too. Thanks so much for sharing these projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just beautiful - and is is great to see how you have adapted other stamps to make the Christmas wreath - very clever!!
    Thanks for sharing!
    -Gabbi

    ReplyDelete
  4. WoW Mon ... I love the card - a clever way to use the extreme elements! I love showing how you can use non christmas sets for christmas cards and such. Well done!! Oh and how cool are those decorations ... especially those containing chocolates!! I think I need to visit you at Christmas just to help you with those decorations ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That wreath is magical. Well done on the outside-the-box-thinking!!! The goodie bags look fab on the tree. Brilliant on all projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the wreath!!
    And lots of inspiration in your decorations too.
    Thanks for the ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been even busier than me Monique with all those amazing decorations .... love 'em so much will just have to copy them all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great idea Monique. Wow you've been busy nearly filling up a whole tree.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Monique - I love Extreme Elements so this is just incredible - and your lolly advent hangers are really cute.
    Great projects!
    Sherylee.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Monique, love your Extreme Elements card, it is beautiful, and the Christmas decorations are very inspiring. Thanks for sharing.
    Jane ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Wow! Wow! I sooooo want to make some of these gorgeous decos for the tree! Love your ideas, Monique! So clever! And ... that card ... mmmmmmm.... delumptiously gorgeous! Simple but gorgeously elegant! And ... now on my "to case" list! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful ideas - thank you so much for sharing - although i am a little concerned your xmas tree is already set up!!! Diana

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you all for your lovely comments.

    I have plans to take the tree down and put it up again in December - at least its all dusted off ready to go!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your ornaments are lovely (my daughter is looking too and totally agrees) and what a clever idea for the wreath - just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all the decorations and the wreath is such a fantastic idea

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi moni just love your christmas decorations. You do such lovely work keep up with the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.