Saturday, October 2, 2010

Just Add Ink Challenge #37

I have decided that I need to challenge myself a bit more, and one of the ways I have decided to do this is to join in challenges set by other websites.  The first one I chose was Just Add Ink colour challenge 37.  For this challenge the four colours I had to use on the card were - Rose Red, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie and Always Artichoke.
When I first looked at this challenge I thought that I wouldn't be able to join in, as I only own Old Olive in a Classic Stampin' Pad, but when I shuffled through my Stampin' Write Markers I found I also had Rose Red and Pumpkin Pie.  So lack of colours was no excuse not to join in. 
While I decided what to do I decided to get a piece of off-cut card stock in each colour and just lay them on my desk shuffling them around until inspiration struck.  Here is my resulting card, which interestingly enough has 3 of the pieces of off-cuts on it lol ...
I was happy to be able to use my new stamp set Elements of Style, as well as my new Scallop Border Trim Punch which I love to bits. While these are not colours I would normally put together, I was happy with the result, and felt suitably challenged by it!

8 comments:

  1. I was, like many others, also challenged by these colours. You've made a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very pretty card Monique! I really love your colouring, and the layered bird looks beautiful.

    Best wishes,
    Sam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Monique, a great card, Just love that stamp set its gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous! Thanks for playing at JAI

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Love how you've used the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful card! Just love that layered bird too! Lovely!

    Karen
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. stunning - love the shading of the flowers. great job monique

    cheers

    Maryanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty Monique! love the layering of the bird!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.