Sunday, April 7, 2024

CTC #464 - CASE A Retiring Bundle

Welcome to another week at CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, where utilise the projects within the current Stampin' Up! catalogue to inspire our own projects each week. We also invite you to join with us in the challenge each week by using this inspiration in your own creations and uploading a photo to our Facebook page.

This week we are taking inspiration from the retiring bundles from either catalogue.  

I was inspired by this card from page 71 of the Annual Catalogue which uses one of my favourite bundles that is retiring, Notes of Nature.

I don't think this card turned out exactly how I planned, I kept changing my colour scheme as I went through.  I did enjoy the technique of using my Stampin' Write Markers to what I call "dot colour" the leaves, using the brush tip of the marker to make a series of marks on the leaves rather than colouring them traditionally.  I wanted them to have a bit more contrast to the background so sponged on some Wild Wheat  using the die to create a mask so it kept the white edging. I learned this at the recent On-Stage event. 

This image shows some of the layering that is achieved with all of the little die cuts from the bundle.  You also get a sneak peek into the inside of the card which I have decorated to coordinate. 

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge this week, just use any of the projects using the retiring bundles to inspire your creativity, then post a picture of your project to the CTC Facebook page.

Time to hop on over and see what Kathryn has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.