Sunday, April 7, 2024

Funky Folds Blog Hop - Bay Window

Welcome to Funky Folds Blog Hop. We are a group of like-minded paper crafters who love to make cards with funky folds. Funky actually means "modern and stylish in an unconventional or striking way"... so we are featuring cards that are not your usual rectangle/square portrait or landscape style. Think 'easel', 'pop-up', 'gatefold', 'z-fold', 'shaped' or 3D cards etc. The list is endless. 

All Blog Hops have an 'anything goes' theme using any type of 'funky' card fold and I've made a Bay Window card featuring Kiddin' Around.  I was inspired by this video by Connie Stuart, though I re-worked the measurements to work with A4.

I was going to make this card using more feminine images and paper, but thought it would be a fun card to do as a kids card.  The images from the Kiddin' Around DSP are just adorable and this one caught my eye, so I fussy cut him out and adhered to the panel. The background DSP is from Stargazing, and I chose this to coordinate with the little boy's shorts.  His shirt prompted me to use Pretty Peacock for part of the sentiment.  I decided to off set the You and Are, a trick that I use when I am worried that I won't get the words to line up neatly, and I think for this card it gives a whimsical look.  Some of you might be a bit horrified that I actually cut this sentiment stamp into three pieces which makes it easier to use.

Metric Measurements
      • Base card - A4 cut in half long ways (29.6x10.5cm)
      • Score at 1cm, 5cm, 9cm, 13cm
      • DSP Panels - 10.5x1.3 (2 pieces); 10.5x3.5 (3 pieces) 
      • Base card colour cardstock 1.8cm by 10.5cm 
      • White inside panel 10x14.3cm
Up next is Cindy's card and I'm keen to see what fold she has chosen for this blog hop. 

If you love to make cards with creative folds and would like to join in with our monthly Funky Folds Blog Hop, you are welcome to head on over to our community group on Facebook to be part of the fun. 

Happy Stamping
Monique

6 comments:

  1. Super cute card. The Bay Window fold is a goodie - creates a good impact. Chantell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Monique, it's nice to be back participating in blog hops with you. This Bay Window Card is super cute (I must get around to trying one of these card folds one day).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Bay Window Funky Fold Monique. As you said, it is a great card for a child - especially one who loves dogs. Your coordination of DSP and colours works together to create a wonderful card. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to see a card for a child, I find them so difficult to make, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute card, Monique! A fantastic way to showcase the gorgeous DSP! Thanks for sharing! Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a fun card Monique. Love the bold colours and design. Always a show stopping fold!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.