Monday, January 6, 2014

18th Birthday Card

Back in September our beautiful daughter turned 18, a big milestone.  It is hard to believe that the baby I held in my arms is now an adult!  When sitting down to make her birthday card I wanted it to be very special so it took a good deal of planning.  

I started with knowing I wanted to use the retired Fifth Avenue Floral rose as it is her favourite ever stamp.  I had bought some black and white wrapping paper for her gifts so thought I would carry that theme to the card. Then to make it extra special I did a tri-fold card.  Here is a picture of the card closed. 

And another of it open.  I have to say that this is the most embellished card I have ever made, and I couldn't consult with my usual blingologist as the card was for her!  It took a while to get the balance of flowers, butterflies and ribbons just right, but I am really happy with the end result.  I am also happy to say that the birthday girl was very happy with it too! 

Happy Stamping

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.