Friday, January 17, 2014

Pirate Christmas

I made this card at the request of a friend from work.  Her partner loves pirates and she wanted a pirate themed Christmas card for him. I don't have any Pirate stamps so had to put my thinking cap on and, along with an internet search, decided the Owl Punch was my best option. I took inspiration from a particular card where the pirate was standing on the bow of a ship, although I made mine a little more Christmassy with a red jacket.  

This is the card I made for her, the sentiment I printed out on the computer before punching out.  The bag of presents is one of the Ornament Keepsakes framelits, and of course the pirate is made with the owl punch. I cut the bow of the boat free hand and then did some score marks for planks of wood, then dragged my stamp pad across it to give a wood grain effect.  The ocean was embossed then cut with framelits, layering vellum between the two card stock layers.

Having had so much fun with the card, I decided to add a couple of gift tags. Along with loving pirates, my friend's parter's favourite colour is orange! She loved them when I showed her, and reported that her partner loved them too, taking the owls off the gift tags to keep on his computer screen!

Happy Stamping

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.