Sunday, June 5, 2016

CTC #81 - Birthdays

I am so excited! This is the first CTC Blog Hop with the new Annual Catalogue that went live on 1 June. I just love a new catalogue, although my bank balance often struggles under the weight of my wish list! This week the team are taking inspiration from the Birthday section of the catalogue, pages 10 - 25.  

There are so many projects in these pages it was a bit tricky to narrow down what I wanted to CASE, and although I was tempted to ink up some of my new stamps that arrived just yesterday, I decided that I would use a set that carried over and is just so great for birthdays, Endless Birthday Wishes. 

 The stamp set certainly lives up to its name with a total of 27 stamps, most of which are sentiments that can be mixed and matched to make an almost endless range of birthday greetings. I love mixed font sentiment, and this stamp set is perfect for that as it has a mix of both the small type and larger cursive font sentiments. I kept my creation very similar to the one in the catalogue as I wanted to highlight some new product in the two new in-colours Peekaboo Peach and Sweet Sugarplum, the yellow cake is "decorated" with Daffodil Delight.  To colour these I used my Stampin' Write Markers on the bottom two shades, then going over this a second and third time toward the base of the cake to give more depth of colour.  I used my Aqua Painter to pick up a small amount of colour for the top of the cake.  I feel the need to point out the beautiful 3/8" Ruched Ribbon which is just so pretty and available in all the new in-colours. 

As always we would love if you joined in with the challenge, just take inspiration from one of the images in the birthday section of the Annual Catalogue and add it or a link to your blog to the main CTC page (link above).  We choose a top pick from all the entries each month.

Time to hop on over to see what the lovely Simone has created in her first blog hop since returning from holiday.

Product List


Happy Stamping
Monique

9 comments:

  1. Pretty card Monique! That's a popular layout and I can see why. The new In Colors are lovely here too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These new in-colours look amazing!! Love your take on this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cad Monique, i looked at this one as option to CASE too - I think it would be great for workshops. Love the new colours, and yes my bank balance is groaning too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like this card has provided inspiration for several of the team. Must be because that angle is so eye- catching! Love you colour choice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute colours, and yes, this is a great birthday set - full of possibilities!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't usually like Orange tones, but this Peekaboo Peach is really growing on me. The Ombre effect you have made on the cakes is really clever & makes them really pop. Your card is a fun bright case & I just love it in these colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your CASE of this card, Monique. The bright colour combo gives it a fun feel. I like the extra colour by having a border around the top panel too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sketch has been popular this week and I love the bright and cheerful colour combination you have created.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this layout was popular. Love your fun colours.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.