Sunday, June 26, 2016

CTC #84 - Love and Sympathy

Welcome to this week's CASE-ing the Catty blog hop for the week, we are making our way through the catalogue one section at a time, and this week we are at the Love & Sympathy section, pages 44 - 55.

Once again there is lots in this section to be inspired by, and I decided to take inspiration from the card on page 49, mostly because it gave me the opportunity to have a play with my new Flourishing Phrases Bundle.

I kept most of the colours the same but decided I wanted a softer green so used the delicate Mint Macaron for the leaves, which when paired with Peekaboo Peach really makes it pop.  The sentiment and base card are another pop of colour with the vibrant Bermuda Bay.

I loved this sketch so much I decided to use it again, this time with This Christmas Specialty DSP. This is a great value pack of papers because you get 24 sheets for just $22.75, that's double the usual amount, and even though the thickness of the paper is not as heavy as the regular DSP it is much sturdier than I was expecting.  I just love the colours and patterns in this set as well.

The flowers from Flourishing Framelits set really made me think of poinsettias so I think it works perfectly with the Christmas theme.  You can see here that I painted each of them with Gold Wink of Stella to make them pop. I also splattered the Gold Wink of Stella on the sentiment panel as well so the whole card has a lovely sparkle to it.

I hope I have inspired you to join in with the challenge, if so follow the link above to add a link to your creation.  If you would like to be part of the CTC Design Team this is your last opportunity, we will be choosing a few new members from all the entries received in June.

Time to hop over to Jackie's blog and see which sample inspired her creation this week.
Happy Stamping
Monique

7 comments:

  1. Two CASEs - double the inspiration - thank you Monique. That flower definitely looks like a poinsettia -I've resisted this set so far - you have just pushed it onto my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of the one sketch to get two completely different looks, Monique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh. I love love love your Christmas version! I didn't think of these floral framlits like poinsettias. Thankyou for the inspiration! Both of your cards are totally gorgeous. Using the mint macaron works so beautifully too. What awesome cards. I love the differences we all come up with even when we are inspired by the same designs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the Christmas version and that bit of extra added sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great example of how the same sketch can produce very different cards. Love your CASEs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two great cards, Monique. Specially love the Christmas version one and the colour combo on the first one is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you've taken the one sample and created two very different cards.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.