Sunday, June 12, 2016

ESAD Blog Hop - 2016 Annual Catalogue

The release of the new Stampin' Up! annual catalogue calls for an ESAD blog hop, and this one is no different. This is a great catalogue and I know you will get lots of inspiration from the blog hop so grab a cuppa and enjoy hopping through all of the creations, just follow the link at the bottom of each post to hop to the next blog.

My first card is made using the Scenic Sayings stamp set, which I have paired with the soft Blooms & Bliss DSP.  The sheet I chose only had blues and neutral colours in it, and I really wanted it to coordinate with the new Sweet Sugarplum I had used to colour in the sentiment, and the ruched ribbon. My solution was to add some Sweet Sugarplum stamping using Swirly Bird stamps, adding the swirly flower to the centre of some fo the flowers and a few of the little dots in between, I did this by just inking up the end of the very dotty stamp in the set, rather than ink the whole image. I have also used the new Layering Ovals Framelits, which have a combination of plain and scalloped ovals that give nice narrow layers.  I have to be honest, I wasn't going to get these framelits but earned some free product with my order and am so happy I did!

My next card uses the lovely Mixed Borders and Designer Tin of Cards stamp sets.  I just love how the flower border stamp and leaf border stamp combine to make a mixed colour border really easy to create.  This fold is known as a double z fold, which is really quite cool, and just perfect for this border set.  I have added a flower from Botanical Builder Framelits and some embossing using the new Floral Affection embossing folder.

My final card for the hop is this one using Layering Love and the cute little cat from Sitting Here, I remember seeing these two stamps used together in a card made by Lydia and knew I wanted to do the same in some way. I used the Layering  Oval Framelits again on this card, and the Dapper Denim Ruched ribbon which is so lovely.

Time to hop on over to see what Cathy has created for you, then keep hopping until you get back to the blog you started on.

                     



Happy Stamping
Monique

10 comments:

  1. Such pretty cards Mon. Just lovely. hanks so much for playing along on the 2016 - 2017 Annual Catalogue ESAD Blog Hop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three lovely projects, Moni. I love your clever idea to add some more colours to the dsp - definitely trying that one. Great idea to include the cat with the quote - fun & so fresh looking. Glad you could join the ESAD hop.
    Di :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of your cards Monique - perfect colour choices. The Blooms & Bliss DSP is one of my faves - can't wait to get my hands on it. I never think to add stamps to DSP, so I'm going to follow your lead and try it out! Thanks for the inspiration. Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way you have used the Mixed Borders set. I haven't used mine yet, but you have inspired me to crack it open now. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Monique - I'm blaming you for my large wish list. Now I've had to add things I didn't know I needed or wanted. Love how you've customised the DSP. Thanks for all the tips.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely projects showing some of our great new products. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your cards Monique - they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the z fold card Monique gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.