Tuesday, June 7, 2016

JUGS - Birds

Nothing like a box of new stamps and papers to get my creativity flowing, and the Just Us Girls challenge this week to use birds just called to me having just unpacked Swirly Birds stamp set and coordinating framelits.

Now this set has some odd shaped stamps that can be put together in many different ways to create all sorts of things, one of the less abstract ones is the little bird and a shape that can either be a nest or a boat hull. To go with this is a little stamp with three ovals on it that everyone is using as eggs in the next, however from the moment I saw it I wanted to add eyes and beaks and make them into baby birds!  What do you think?  I used the end of one of the leaves in the set to make the beaks but they would be super easy just to add by hand.

One of my other new products is the lovely Serene Scenery DSP stack, which has  a combination of photo style images, and patterned sheets in soft natural colours.  I decided to keep the soft feel going and add the sentiment from Layering Love which I think is just beautiful and goes so well with the mother bird looking after her chicks.  The nest is also made from the Swirly Scribbles Thinlits that co-ordinate with the Swirly Bird stamp set. 


Happy Stamping
Monique

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.